October 28, 2008

Obligations

Today I got a phone call from the daycare provider (around noon) saying that Abby had a fever and I had to come pick her up. For those of you who don't have children, this is not a fun phone call to receive. All the things you planned on doing and all the activites you're in the middle of automatically get put on hold. So, planning to work out was one of the many things that got put on hold. This is hard for me to accept because there's a limited list of things I do for myself and exercise is one of them. Basically everything else in life is tailored to be for Abby in some way, shape or form. Don't get me wrong, as you remember, she's one of my main motivating factors to achieve success in everything I do; it's difficult when our activites of daily living come to a hault and it's unknown when everything will be back up and running (no pun intended).

Today was an important day for me to work out. I hate to say it but I've gained back the last two pounds that I lost. I am, once again, 160 lbs. From birthday cakes to study food, my diet has been terrible. Today was going to be the day that I got back on track with my diet and back outside running. I guess that's part of the territory of being a mom. When it ultimately comes down to it, you will always help someone else before you help yourself.

Hopfully tomorrow brings health, happiness and a renewed course of action.
~Mama Beal

2 comments:

  1. Hang in there - as you probably know, most people fluctuate 5 lbs, so don't worry too much about the 2. I do, however understand how frustrating it can be when you have worked so hard to get there. Keep going - you are doing so great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. One day at a time girl!!! Focus on today and not the slip ups in diet you made yesteday. Guilt of slip ups will only make it worse. Make today better than yesterday in some way (maybe not running, but diet or stress relief) and that is all you can do!! Easy to say I know (I gained back one from the 5+ I lost last week so....I keep telling myself the above advice!!). One day at a time is all we can do, especially as mothers!! Love ya

    ReplyDelete