September 1, 2010

"Waiting is the Hardest Part"

Like the Tom Petty song says, "Waiting is the Hardest Part."  That's for sure.

I'm sick of being pregnant.  Sick of having to go to the bathroom every 3 hours at night.  Sick of not having any clothes to wear.  Sick of the hip pain.  Sick of working hard to try and make something happen.  Sick of the comments from strangers.  Sick of thinking about it.  Sick of people asking "so, when do you think the baby will come?"  Sick of waiting!!!

I don't know why I have to wait so long but ... if I have to wait, I have no choice.  I keep telling myself, "at least I'm not having a C-section."  Because if I were still at Waconia, they would be pushing me to have the C-section at this point.  Being at Morning Star Women's Health Center it just isn't an option.

So, because I'm sick of being pregnant, Thursday we're having a Bar-B-Que just to get my mind off "being pregnant".  Every weekend Jason and I have been kind of  ... putting things off and not doing much because we're never sure if something is going to happen and when nothing happens ... we've just wasted another weekend of missing out on fun stuff with our friends/family.  So ... if I go into labor during an event, so be it.  :)

So tomorrow I will officially be 1 week overdue.  They say, on average, women will go over due 1 week and 1 day.  So Friday I'm scheduled to go see a doctor in Hudson WI that the Midwives at MorningStar trust to make sure baby and I are able to continue to be "overdue".  The midwives are very reassuring that they've never had anyone go overdue more than 2 weeks.

Wish me luck, I would have posted a picture but ... seriously, nothing has changed besides I've gotten bigger and crankier. :p

~Mama Beal

No comments:

Post a Comment