August 27, 2010

Here comes my due date ... And ... there it goes.

Well, August 26th has come ... and gone.  It is now the 27th and I am officially "over-due".  The lady at the coffee shop looked at me and asked me when the baby was supposed to come.  It's interesting to tell them "yesterday."  I also went into Creative Kids Stuff to buy Abby a present from the new coming Baby Beal and the sales lady saw me from behind and asked how I was doing, when I turned around, her eyes got real big and I'm pretty sure she lost her train of thought and then walked away.  Yeah, it's FUN to be looked at like a freak of nature.

Anyways.  I have officially never been this pregnant before so this is all new.  With Abby, they induced me at 38.5 weeks.  So, feeling "ready" to have the baby is an understatement.  Jason and I have been trying everything to move things along.  I've been adjusted, had acupuncture, done Moxibustion (this is a weird thing but supposedly it works well), I walk 2 times a day for 15 minutes at least, one day I went for a 3 mile walk (that was exhausting).  The little booger is just nice and cosy inside. My only worry is that I will go 2 weeks overdue and the next step will be to have a C-section.  I am so ready to do this, I KNOW I can do this, God just needs to grant me the opportunity. 

I really appreciate all the support I've been receiving.  Everyone has been so encouraging these last few weeks as my due date has come and gone.  It is truly what has kept me going.  I've been exhausted recently so the encouragement is MUCH needed at this point.  Thank you so much, keep sending me positive thoughts and prayers.  I just want everyone to know that I'm not only doing this for myself, the baby, Abby and Jason but I'm doing it for all my readers, and all the women in my family that have had C-sections before me.  I'm doing this for all of you as well as myself. 

If I can do it, you can do it. 
Thanks again everyone, hopefully next time I post I will have become a mom for the second time.
~Mama Beal

No comments:

Post a Comment