September 8, 2010

Today is the Beginning of the End

So yesterday I had an appointment with the midwife and she said that I HAVE to be in labor by Friday and no later.  She said if I haven't gone into labor by Friday, I will have to go back to Hudson and they will give me pitocin to try to get me into labor.  Once I'm in labor at the hospital, it then becomes a hospital birth with the midwives present.  So, even though this sounds like bad news, it's also good news because we know he will be born by the weekend. 

After the midwife checked me, she found out I was dilated 1 cm and she could stretch me to 3 cm which meant she could strip my membranes.  Not comfortable but another opportunity to get the labor process started.  After she did the procedure, I started having contractions at 2:10 every 10 minutes for several hours.  They were REALLY weak contractions but they lasted through the night but didn't change in intensity.  If that didn't put me into labor, the next step is to take Castor oil.  What the heck does this mean?!  Well, here's what I do.  I was told to eat a "hearty meal" 1 hour before I take the crazy concoction.  Here is the "recipe" for a castor oil induction, the midwife said in her entire practice, she's only had 2 people who this did NOT work at all for. 

1 cup crushed ice
6 oz citrus juice
1 pinch of baking soda
1 banana
4 oz of castor oil
1 shot of vodka (optional)

Drink with a straw so it doesn't coat your teeth and inside of mouth with the oil.  Also eat with saltines or crackers. 

Well, this was supposed to start at 9:20 and that's what time it is so hopefully this is the last post until baby Beal is born.  Wish me luck that I don't get the shit's without any contractions or baby at the end.  (that would be the ultimate frustration.)

Cheers!
MamaBeal

1 comment: