So, typically before or during my run I need to motivate myself to either start or finish my run. Motivation is the only way I can get myself out there to continue doing what I'm doing and so I constantly remind myself of the reason's that I run. I thought I'd share them with you and if you have other's I'd love to hear them so that I can think about them while I'm running.
My motivations include, but are not limited to ...
1. Health-my health history includes heart disease and high cholesterol and I want to avoid these at all costs!
2. Physical fitness-everyone likes to look good and exercising allows your brain to perceive yourself as more physically attractive. Not to mention, it's nice when others think you're physically attractive. I also still have a baby bump and it's one of my goals to get rid of it completely.
3. Abby-I want to be able to romp around with Abby when she gets older, I also want to be that cool mom that still kicks ass on the soccer and lacrosse field.
4. Although it usually sucks while you're doing it, I ALWAYS feel better after I'm done.
5. My back pain goes away if I consistently run.
6. Practice what you preach-I need to be a good example for my future patients, having an overweight doctor tell an overweight patient they need to exercise would be an oxymoron.
That's all for now. Add comments if you have other motivators, I'd love to hear them.